Today was a perfect day!! Heather and I woke up late and got ready at a leisurely pace. Our friend Phillip had booked us to go have tea at Fortnum and Mason. This store... is very very posh. They have little chocolates for 4 pounds a piece. Everything there is super expensive. On the top floor though, they serve tea.
There were four of us that went: Heather, Phil, Robert, and me. We walked in to the tea room and there were probably 50 different love seats around different tables where you could sit and enjoy the atmosphere. We ordered peppermint tea and lemon tea. After we ordered, the server put our napkins into our laps and brought out some sausage rolls, cheese bread, and another really delicious thing that I don’t know it is called. My mouth was having a party. It was the most delicious treat! They brought us our tea. We each had our own tea kettle and strainer for the herbs while we poured our tea. They gave us cream, sugar, and little tea spoons. After we ate the delicious treats on the small plate, they came out with a three-level plate thing (I’m sorry I don’t know what all these things are called!). The first level of the plate had cucumber, salmon, and turkey sandwiches. It also had a shrimp curry dish. My mouth is watering as I think about what we ate. It was so good! The second level had scones (pronounced scons) and madelines that we put clotted cream and jam on. I wanted ten more of those. They were delightful. The top level had lemon cake and jam cookies and then they let us choose two desserts to go along with all that we were eating. I chose lemon tart and gooseberry custard. WOW!!! It was amazing. I felt like a queen the whole time. I sat up straight and we talked about the weather and the delightful things we were eating. I also had all these little girl memories come flooding back into my mind. I had little tea sets and tea parties all the time when I was little. For my 9th birthday party we had a tea party! I just lived every little girls dream today. It was wonderful. So so so wonderful! I also think that everyone that goes to London should go get tea... no matter how much it costs. :)
After tea, we went to go see Lion King. It was awesome!! Heather and I actually got our tickets after everyone else so we sat in really crummy seat. We had to lean over the railing to see any of the stage so the second half we sat on the stairs and were able to see a little bit better. I really liked a couple of the songs. I was really impressed with the puppeteering! I really loved the show but I think I would have enjoyed it more if we had better seats.
After the show, we rode the bus home. I sat next to this French girl who didn’t speak English. However, I didn’t know that when I started talking to her! I asked her all these questions and she looked at me with a little bit of a blank expression but smiled and nodded. Anyway, I finally asked her where she was from... three times and she answered France. I asked if she spoke English and she used her hand to say a little bit. :) I felt foolish. Oh well! I was trying to be friendly.
Another beautiful day in London town.

1 comment:
Sounds absobloominlutely fantabulous! I will definitely get out the tea sets when we are together again :)
Post a Comment