Heather and I slept in today!! Oh happiness!! I really needed it. We made our delicious scrambled eggs and potatoes. I’m excited to be her roommates in the fall so we can make that yumminess again at home. (yes, yumminess is a word... I have decided so) After that happy happy breakfast Jonnie, Chris, Heather and I went to the Natural History museum. They had a cool exhibit about ants. They also had a human body exhibit that was interesting. We went to lunch at a British Chinese food place. We also went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. I thought that museum was about Victoria and Albert. Turns out... it has nothing to do with them. It has some really amazing sculptures of humans. It also has a replica of The David. It was amazing!! We also waded in the wading pool. That was one of my favorite parts of the day.
We went to see the London Philharmonic Choir perform Haydn’s “The Creation” tonight. The soloists were phenomenal. I really enjoyed the soprano and tenor sounds especially. They both were very free and powerful at the same time. The choir struggled a bit with pitch as did the orchestra. They got a little better throughout the evening. I love the piece, so it didn’t bother me very much because I was just excited to hear the music. I performed in that piece when I was at MSUB. It was one of the highlights of my time there. I went to McDonald’s with a bunch of people after the show. I think it’s funny that I’ve eaten at McDonald’s way more in London than I ever do in America. Actually, that’s a little bit sad. Anyway, another good day in London town!

No comments:
Post a Comment