Tuesday, June 01, 2010

May 21, 2010 - LONDON!!! (Free day.. for real this time)

Today was awesome! We began the day by going to breakfast with our wonderful friend Ceri who is in London for the day. We went to this delightful little shop in London and I had a belgian waffle. I tell you what... American’s really need to learn how to make Belgian waffles for real. It was so much more delicious than any waffle I’ve ever had. Without syrup! It was so good. Heather had a croissant with English cheese and some kind of delicious meat. Oh man it was such a delicious way to start our day. I love it!


After we had breakfast we went over to Buckingham Palace and watched the changing of the guard. People ask how it was and I answer saying that there were a ton of people there and I’m short... :) I didn’t really see very much just because I am short. The soldiers wear funny fuzzy hats. They walk around a lot. It was kind of cool... probably not my very favorite thing I’ve done in London though. :)


We bought some tickets to watch Phantom of the Opera tonight and then Heather and I headed back to our flat to eat some lunch and take a nap. It was much needed! We spent some of the afternoon watching some Youtube videos of an amazing pianist playing some of our favorite pieces.


I’m afraid we woke up a little bit late from our naps and had to run to the show - only getting there maybe a minute before it started. I LOVE musicals!!!!!!! Oh man. They are they best!!!! Phantom was fantastic. The singing was impeccable. I really loved all of their voices. The staging was great. The set was phenomenal. I can’t say enough good about that show. My friend Robert asked me after it was over what the draw is for women to that show. I told him that I felt like most woman have loved a Phantom (someone she shouldn’t love) and have let him go for someone who would be good for her. It was an interesting question. Your thoughts ladies? :)

No comments: