Today was incredible! Heather and I were up until 2:00 this morning talking so I actually slept in until 11:00. I have not slept in that late in a very long time. It was crazy! After we woke up, Heather and I made a delicious breakfast of breakfast burritos, new potato hash browns and tomatoes. We are spoiled here. The cheese is so good, it makes any meal gourmet and we definitely had some gourmet eggs this morning. I loved breakfast!
I went to a rehearsal at Westminster Abbey. It was a rehearsal for the boys’ choir. I love their sound. The boy sopranos are so clear and resonant up in the stratosphere. It was funny to watch the rehearsal because there were two little boys who were definitely not getting along. These boys are 8 or 9 I think and one was frustrated with the other because he kept getting lost in the music or something. These boys are still boys. They sing beautiful and sight read better than I do, but they are still little boys.
The evensong was lovely. We have had a few days off where we haven’t gone to rehearsals or concerts and I can honestly say I’ve missed this music while we’ve been on break. I love this choral music. It really does speak to my soul. If you had asked me how I felt about this music while I took music history, I would have said it was extremely boring and I didn’t care for it at all. Being here in London and listening to it how it’s supposed to be heard brings it deeper to my soul than I ever imagine it could. I love this music.
We went to an Indian restaurant with Sister Hall and her son after the evensong. It was a delicious dinner and I realized I can like Indian food sometimes. :) After Nathaniel worked there a few years ago, I couldn’t handle the food anymore but I actually really enjoyed my meal this evening.
As I was riding on the tube with Sister Hall after dinner, we had a short discussion about where she thought she would be now back when she was my age. She said that when she was studying conducting as a grad student at BYU, if anyone had told her she would be replacing Mack Wilburg, she would have had a heart attack. I think her place in life is a very good one. She has the ability to look at her life and see the specific steps that led her to where she is today. The Lord hand-designed her tapestry of life to be just what it is today. And because she was willing to obey His will, she has been able to touch more lives than I’m sure she ever imagined she would. Someday, I will be able to do the same thing.
Heather and I walked home from the tube in the pouring rain tonight. There’s something about walking in the rain that makes me want to think deeply about life. This London experience is specifically designed for those students who are here now. What a blessing this will be in my life for eternity. I am so grateful to be here. Wow. I am blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment