Today I have a 10-page paper due. I finished 6 pages of it last night and this morning I woke up at 6:00 to finish the paper before my class began. When I finished the 10th page, I pushed a link in Microsoft Word that ended up doing something very strange to my paper. It wasn't what I wanted so I clicked the red X at the top right-hand corner. Did I want to save the changes? The computer asked me. Of course not, I decided. So I clicked no. Away went my paper. Away went 3 more hours of typing. Hmm... I thought. I don't think this is what is supposed to happen right now.
I went immediately to the nice young men at the help desk and told them what happened. They looked at each other with a knowing glance. The glance wasn't a very optimistic glance. I had a twinge of concern enter my heart. One of the young men came over to my computer and after a going through a series of search engines, he looked at me and shook his head. I'm sorry I couldn't help, he said. Me too... me too. Too bad I'm not more like Homestarrunner. Who when receiving an email he did not like, tried to delete it. It would not disappear. Sometimes I wish I were a cartoon... :)
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail50.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
strong bad can understand your pain. Sisters
Well in Julie... Well in! ha ha
Post a Comment