Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Caitlin and Emilie's

Here is the long-awaited story. I'm actually just postponing my homework by writing this, but whatever works, right? Here goes.

Last week Women's Chorus had a concert. I felt it my duty to go around my ward and invite several people that I thought would appreciate it. My sister was kind enough to accompany me on the outing. We walked up some stairs and knocked on a door that we thought was 97... in actuality it was 99. I got nervous after we knocked and suggested we run-as we did not know the occupants of the apartment. Caitie, being the more sensible of the two, told me to come back and not be nervous. The door opened and some very kind young men invited us in to chat and sit on their couch. They asked us our names. "I'm Caitlin and this is Emilie." My sister answered. "What ward are you in?" They queeried. "149th". "Are you the Caitlin and Emilie from the 149th ward?" "Umm I suppose so. I don't think anyone else in our ward is named that." "It can't be you! You guys are famous in our ward. Wait... do you have a bulldog?"

As you can imagine this was starting to become a little disconcerting to Caitlin and myself as we had no idea what these boys were talking about. What have we done that could possibly make us famous in a ward we've never even visited before? The conversation continued, "Yes. we have a bulldog." "Was it ever stolen?" "Yes!!! What is going on here? Please tell us before we go mad." "We can't tell you." At this point the boys were blushing and laughing at the same time. "Yes... you MUST tell us." We replied. They told us to relate the story of our bulldog being stolen from our point of view. We told them what happened:

Over the summer, we had a bulldog on the hood of our truck. It was a hood ornament and we named him Stu-boy. One morning I woke up and went out to the truck. To my dismay, the bulldog was gone and in its' place was a ransome note for strawberry cheesecake or else the bulldog would suffer humiliation. I was saddened by this note. I was quite attached to Stu-boy. Caitie and I kept trying to figure out who it was that stole the bulldog. Finally, we figured it out and after delivering the cheesecake, we had our dear Stu-boy returned to his rightful place on our truck.

The boys started laughing again at this point saying the story they heard is a little bit different. This is what they relayed.

Either Caitie or I had a relationship with one of the boys involved in the dognapping. When the boy tried to kiss one of us, we denied him and he got upset. So upset, that he stole the dog off the truck with a ransome note telling us to kiss him. When we refused, he made little whitie-tities (white underwear-for those who may not know) for the dog and wrote on them "Caitlin and Emilie, 149th ward". The boy also put whitie-tities on and was dancing in his bedroom with the dog and both sets of underwear when his buddies from this other ward walked in and asked him what in the world he was doing. He sat down, embarrassed.

At this point, Caitie and I burst out in laughter. That's a very outragous story, I said. They boys continued laughing and blushing and said that was not all. They had made up a song to the story and also no longer referred to whitie-tities as whitie-tities. They were now called Caitlin and Emilie's. They said it was around several guys' apartments. They would go to a basketball game and say things like, "Dude, your Caitlin and Emilie's are showing", or, "Hey... ya got your Caitlin and Emilie's on?" The boys then performed a song and dance they had made up about Caitlin and Emilie's.

I really think it was one of the most modnar experiences I have had. I'm kind of nervous that the part about the underwear could be true. And because of that, I refuse to ask the guys who stole the dog if it is. There are some bits of information I would just rather not know. If you know what I mean...

2 comments:

Emilie said...

quick correction... We actually knocked on 79's door... not 99. We know the occupants of 99... They are us! :)

Claire said...

Just found your blog from a friend's friend, had a look around. Funny story about the "Caitlin and Emilie's." The best Y stealing story I've got is when we stole our neighbor's huge TV over Christmas break and then forgot to return it before they got back. Good post, by the way.