I come from a very short family. I am 5'4", my sister 5'3", two of my bros are 5'7", three are about 5'9". The very tallest member of my family is 5'11"; he also happens to be the youngest brother. With that in mind, last Saturday, my family decided to play a friendly game of basketball. My brother Dave, invited his 6'6" brother in-law (Ken) to play with us. It was all going very well. The team opposite of Ken had to double team him and they still couldn't keep him down. He was scoring all the time. It was more like Ken was playing with a bunch of ten-year-olds than with full-grown adults.
At one point, my 5'3" sister got the ball. She dribbled enthusiastically down the court and looked up ready to shoot. There stood Ken. My sister, being completely taken aback by the fact that there was someone taller than 5'7" in front of her began screaming bloody murder. She dropped the ball and ran to the back of the court. The rest of us were rolling on the floor with laughter. She'd just never played with a tall person before. She was very terrified.
Later on, when she told Ken how frightened she was and that he shouldn't take offense he said, "You know, I really think you scared me more than I scared you. I had someone screaming in my face for no apparent reason." It was more like she was screaming at his abdomin, but still, it was a very nice thing for him to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that almost reminds me of walking up stairs, seeing big feet in front of you, looking up, seeing a strange man in a green beanie staring at you, and screaming bloody murder. last night was way fun! i love ya!
Post a Comment