As many of you may know, I've been a little stressed lately. I had make-up juries this morning and I've been practicing from 2-3 hours every day previously to prepare. For those who may not know what a jury is; it is when you perform your instrument in front of the music faculty and they judge whether you should continue as a music major or not.
Last night I practiced in my clothes for my roommates and even performed in front of a few friends. I felt fairly confident. Well, I thought I felt confident. I think my subconscious knew more about how I was really feeling then I let out externally. I had two dreams last night. One of them is kind of funny now that I think about it. The other one was just a typical nightmare one has when they are extremely worried about something.
Dreams:
I dreamed that instead of performing in front of just the music faculty, that the faculty had us all perform in the stadium in front of thousands and thousands of people. Everyone went before me and the crowd was having a wonderful time. You could see people laughing and ooing and aaahhing over my classmates voices. Then I went up to the mic. At first it was just silent. But as I continued singin, the people in the audience started yelling and then everyone got up and left the stadium. It was bad enough that they felt like they needed to leave! Is that sad or what?
The second dream was that I woke up about three hours late to practice the songs before the actual performance. I missed the performance and failed juries. *sigh* It was pretty tramatic.
As a result of those dreams, I woke up at 3 am and then at 3:30 and then 4 and 4:30. Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of sleep even though I went to bed at 10:00 pm.
How did Juries go you ask? Eh... I wasn't very pleased with them. In fact, I almost burst into tears right after they were done. I haven't sung that poorly in a very long time. I'm still wired from all the stress that was building up. My hands are shaking while I type this. I should probably take a nap. But alas, I will be on campus for another four hours before I can go home and collapse on my bed. I might feel well enough by then to be social.
Hey! Life is still good. I just need a minute to get over it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment