Monday, January 09, 2006

My New Crush

I'm obsessed. I'll admit it. I spend all hours of the day thinking about it. I stay up late thinking of what might happen next. I analyze every tiny detail. I ran over the typical "what if" questions. Will it be a pleasant experience? Do I really want to enter into a new relationship that takes up so much time? Am I supposed to go on a mission?

We both dance. We both love music. The thing is, my crush seems to have a relationship with every girl on campus! It doesn't really make me jealous. In fact the more people that have less to do with my crush than others, the more jealous I am. Does that make sense at all? And then there is the time commitment. I don't have enough time to have a crush! And yet I do. I admit it. I have a crush.


His name? .... Schoolwork. Last night I lay in bed thinking about today. I lay there for 2 hours before I fell asleep. My wonderful roommate Audrey finally brought in some herbal tea to calm my nerves. I kept thinking about the tiny details that needed to get done. I kept thinking about all the things I could not and would not forget. I kept thinking about how much better I am going to do this semester. I didn't do terribly last semester, but there is room for improvement. :) I have class every morning at 8:00 am. That's insane. My Sophomore year, I had 8:00 classes and I vowed I would never do that to myself again. And yet, here I am. I'm doing it again. I'm already tired and it's only the first day. I have auditions to go to. I have a TON of homework already. I'm going to help teach in a kindergarten class on Wednesday. There's a lot to do and not enough time to do it. Even if I don't sleep ever... I don't have enough time to do as much studying as we've been advised to do.

Life is crazy. But isn't it fun to have a crush again?

4 comments:

T said...

Crush? I think I'm head over heels in love! Either that or I'm just a glutton for punishment. :) I only have 2 8:00 classes this semester (which I also swore I would never do). I can't imagine having one every day of the week! You know that if you ever need anything I'm here, right?

T said...

Oops. When I said I had two 8:00 classes, what I actually meant was two days a week that I have a class at 8:00. Just to clarify. :) Em and I can walk to school together!!!

Julie said...

hey, mike has 8:00 classes mon-thu so someone to relate to and possibly run into on the way to class

Tolkien Boy said...

Schoolwork might be fun now, but can he take you to the temple?