I was recalling a conversation the other day that my little brother had with a friend of his during a seminary class. The teacher was talking about being instruments in the hands of the Lord. My brother turned to his friend and told him that he would be a tuba. My brother also informed him that he (my brother) would be a guitar. Sounds like him, doesn't it? :)
Yesterday, I had a neat experience with being an instrument in the Lord's hands. I was walking on campus when I ran into a friend of my sisters'. David had written to her all during his mission and when he returned home, Caitie and I went on a double date with David and his brother. His brother was not a member of the church at the time. We went to cedar point and had a very enjoyable time. There were a lot of long lines and plenty of time to talk. The brother asked me a lot of questions about why I believed what I did about the church. I bore my testimony all day long. I bore my testimony of eternal families, scriptures, living prophets and apostles, the Savior and Joseph Smith. It was a neat experience, but I wasn't sure that what I had said had touched his heart.
As I spoke with David yesterday, David told me that his younger brother had joined the church. He was now married and he and his wife were planning on being sealed next year. My heart was full of gratitude when I heard that. But, I felt extremely humbled a couple minutes later when David told me that a large part of it was because of my example on the date. I had no idea. What a blessing to be a part of that. I am so grateful for those experiences. I am grateful that I can be a light to others. I am especially grateful for my Savior.
As a side note, when I asked Audrey what instrument she thought I would be, she said a violin. I think it fits. I'm a violin in the Lord's hands. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think I would be a hammer...or maybe a power saw.
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail...
Post a Comment