Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Funny story

Last year, I met a boy at a dance. He asked for my number. I gave it to him. He asked me on a date and, after talking with him for a little while, I said no. I told him I would be busy all year. (It was toward the end of the year... so it wasn't such a harsh rejection...) I thought he would get the hint. :)

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, my phone rang. "Emilie, do you remember me?" He said in broken English. I told him I did not. "We went dancing last year and I got your number." My memory was jogged. "Ooooh... I remember now." He then talked to me for about ten minutes until I said I needed to get to bed.

Ya know, most of the time, when you tell a boy you will be busy ALL year, that's a pretty good indication that you're not interested. That's persistence for you...

1 comment:

Tolkien Boy said...

I suppose we could all take a lesson from the guy...