Thursday, September 14, 2006

I See

For one single, breathless moment,
As you looked into my eyes,
I thought this could be for real
And I let down my disguise

Then, for many timeless moments,
I evaluated; dreamed,
Our brief time of joy had faded
And love was not what it seemed.

When the moment came for parting,
My now-hidden Self was gone.
There was “Us;” now there was nothing
And I struggled to go on.

But in moments of awareness
I can see that I have grown.
Where was sorrow, now is joy
With new perspectives clearly shown.

Should I thank you? Or be angry?
Neither: my moments with you
Lead my steps a new direction;
Give my sight a clearer view.

Each experience, each moment,
Each now cherished memory
Is a gift, unfolding wisdom.
For, where love was blind, I see.

2 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

Lovely.

Julie said...

Wow, did you write that? I wish I was that talented. Well, maybe not... I wouldn't know what to do with it.