Catchy Title, don't ya think? We finally found the key!! We (Audrey, Caitlin and myself) were talking with my cousins over mounds of chocolates, cookies, and spiked egg nog (don't worry, my Grandma only spiked the egg nog with 7-up; nevertheless it was enough to bring us to the loopy mood that led us to this incredible discovery). My cousin Veronica was talking about a date she had that went exceptionally well (at least on her side). They had gone to my Grandparents' cabin to eat dinner and then to go ice skating. How romantic! One comment that was made during the date was that it was the perfect date if you wanted to hold hands with someone. You would just "conveniently" hold hands because you don't skate well. Perfectly logical, right? Right! It gets better! Veronica's date had a phobia of ice skating because the last time he had gone, he had chipped his two front teeth. We thought about that for a moment... thinking... another perfect opportunity! As you lean in to check the teeth... you "accidently" kiss your date! Holding hands leads to kissing and kissing leads to.... MARRIAGE!!! It's really a formula. So, basically, ice skating leads to eternal marriage. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do... you will definitely be the first to know and meet my future husband.
As the year comes to a close, I think back over this past year and the many hilarious pick up lines I've heard. These are actual pick up lines or just bad lines I've been exposed to. They either happened to me, or to my sister. Enjoy!
At a dance: "If you go out with me, I'll give you a free T-shirt!"
At the end of a date to the rest of the roommates with the girl in the room: "This is the part where I see if I get a goodnight hug... Guess not..."
Reason why I should drive somewhere for a blind date: "You see, I left my cell phone in Provo... it would be really convenient for you to bring it and then we would go out."
To a boy who didn't really get the hint: "I'm going to be busy all year."
In the car while on a date: "Just so you know, if your hand gets cold, my hand will be right here and it's always warm." "Thanks! I'll keep that in mind." "Ouch, beat heart, beat!"
Another reason why the girl should go on the same blind date: "If you come down here and it doesn't work out, I'll never have to see you again!"
In a letter where the boy was confessing his love to the girl: "You see, when I saw how beautiful you can be, then I fell in love with you."
At the end of a wonderful day for the girl while on a date:
boy: "So.. what's your idea of the perfect way to end the perfect day? A hug or..."
girl: "yup."
boy: "Actually I was thinking more along the lines of..."
girl: "Nope! So how was your day?"
In a break-up email: "If you want to talk about this in person, call me. I'm busy this week. Maybe next week!"
A Spanish boy asking a girl out:
boy: "Do you want to do something sometime?"
girl: "Ya know... I uh..."
boy: "You like to eat, don't you?"
girl: (thinking... that really could be taken the wrong way)
In a phone conversation: "Just wondering what you're doing tomorrow, the next day, for the rest of your life.. (pause) not to imply that you should spend it with me."
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!! I hope you enjoyed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey, do you remember how I broke MY front teeth while skating? So far it hasn't led to marriage...what did I do wrong??? :)
It must be ice skating dearest... :)
No fair.
Post a Comment