Monday, December 26, 2005

Boys and Girls are Different

Boys and girls are different. I know.. I know.. you're all thinking, "well, duh, em!" But, it hit home again about five minutes ago. I decided I should write on this blog again because it had been about a month since I had done it last; well, before the last time which was a couple days ago, but I digress. Anyway, I was having a hard time deciding what I should write about so I asked my nephews' cousin. "Mackenzie, what should I write about?" "I don't know" "What stories do you like to hear about?" "Sleeping booty"(For a two-year-old that's about as clear as it comes). I then turned to my nephew, "Adam, what should I write about?" "I don't know" "What stories do you like to hear about?" "tuttles" (that is two-year-old for turtles).

Mackenzie is two years old and she already loves love stories! Girls are born with a love of love stories! Boys are born with a love of.... turtles? And other things like trucks and crashing and big toys. My sisters in-law, sister, mother and I just finished watching a chick flick. The comment was made, "if only boys could learn to like this stuff. Then they would understand girls more." The problem is, most of the time, girls don't understand girls! Sometimes I understand boys. It's funny though that after twenty years of experience, living with six boys, I still need tutoring. Hmm..

No comments: