Thursday, November 06, 2008

My Own Tender Mercy

This morning I woke up and thought through my day. I need to get my car registered, go to work, get caught up on my math homework, do my art project that is due tomorrow, get ready for the day, go to class, have a meeting with the Women's Chorus staff and then go to institute tonight. I said my prayers, and checked my email.

While I was on the internet, my friend Nicki asked if I could give her a ride to work. No problem! I looked for my keys in my backpack, where I ALWAYS put them. NO keys! Hmm... I checked all my coat pockets. NO keys! I cleaned my room. I cleaned the bathroom. I looked in my car. I looked in the kitchen, living room and even called Caitie and asked her to look in her coat. NO keys!! By this time I was starting to get worried. If I couldn't find them, I couldn't get my car registered, I couldn't go to institute, I wouldn't be able to drive my car! (I definitely need a spare key for my car)

I then smiled. I have had this happen before. I got down on my knees and prayed a very heartfelt prayer. I told Heavenly Father I was sorry I didn't think to pray for so long. I thanked Him for listening to my prayers all the time and told Him how much I love Him. I then asked if He could help me remember where I put my keys. I closed the prayer and sat down. I then remembered that the last time I had used my keys, I had placed them on the couch in the living room. I went to the living room and looked in the cushions on the couch. There were my keys. What a blessing! He just wanted me to sit down and talk to Him. I am so grateful for that. And I am so grateful for tender mercies in my life.

1 comment:

Cristie said...

thank you for sharing that, and for reminding me!