Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Provo Police


A few months ago, I was late to a dance routine that I was in charge of. I raced to a stop sign, pulled a California stop (more stop than California though!) and proceeded to turn right. Immediately, I saw lights flashing in my rearview mirror. Of course it happened when I was late for something!! The officer came up to the window and apologized and said he didn't want to be mean.... but I did not complete my stop at the stop sign (welcome to Provo!!! This is what keeps the Provo police busy...). After he apologized several times, he handed me a ticket and told me to have a nice day. Riiiiiiight...


A few weeks later, Caitie and I were driving somewhere (Caitie at the wheel) and we went through the same intersection. Now... not only did Caitie not stop... she seemed to gun through the stop sign after I told her to be careful because they are watching that intersection. Immediately, the lights came on and again the officer came to her window. He asked her what happened and she said she forgot there was a stop sign and didn't even slow down. He started laughing and said that since she was about 1 in 10 people who were honest about how she didn't stop, he would let her off with a warning. What the heck??!?!?!? I was pretty upset.


A few weeks later (notice a pattern?), Caitie bought a new car and the first day driving it, she got a ticket for speeding (serves her right!!! jk Caitie!! :)). Anyway, last night Caitie and I decided to go to traffic school together for family night. Good times... good times... It was actually really funny.


Since going to that class I've decided that I think that cops are the kids that got in trouble all the time when they were younger and still want to do crazy things and not get caught now that they're adults! This officer told us a story about how they went to the train tracks one day and there were two kids with just their heads popped up out of the ground on either side of the train tracks. The cops yelled at the kids and asked them why they did that. The kids said that they wanted to be the first ones to keep their heads there the whole time the train passed. The cops let them off with a warning. Next thing you know... here are two cop heads popping up on either side of the train tracks. They kept their heads there the whole time. The cop then said, "try explaining to your boss that you can't come into work for two weeks because you can't hear anything." It was hilarious. We seriously had a great time. The officer made it fun. And anything is more fun with family!!!
P.S. Feel free to add any police stories you think of!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This was really funny, thanks! Sorry, my stories are not as good as those.