Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Limbo
I don't really know what to write about. I feel like a lot has happened, and yet nothing really has. I feel I've learned a lot, but I'm right where I started. I feel like I'm moving forward in life, but I can't really see any steps. Everything has changed, and nothing has changed. I feel frustrated and excited. I feel anxious and calm. I'm distracted and focused. I'm bored and busy. I guess I just feel like I'm in limbo right now. I have no idea where I'm going to be in the next few months. I don't know who I'm going to be with. I feel like I'm ready for something new. I've been feeling that for a long time now. Caitie, Nathaniel and I moved from our old apartment, but the feeling still remains. There are a lot big decisions to make in life. It's just hard to be patient enough with yourself to feel good about what you want. And.. like Ted always says, "you can't have your cake and eat it too." I pray the Lord will guide my steps. And I pray that I'll be ready for it when He does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You want answers, Em? Here goes:
In the next few months you'll be living in DC, happily married to Theodore Thomas Long III, and hanging out with Tarythe and April - cheering at Ted's softball games and going for milkshakes afterwards.
You'll miss your family, of course, but you'll come to love the east coast with its rolling hills, green trees, and bright sunshine. You'll also sing for joy when you realize how much (free!) art, music, and theatre stuff there is to do in this city.
In time you'll learn that marriage is work but worth it, have beautiful children, raise them in righteousness, and live happily ever after. :)
That's all just according to me, of course, but one thing is for certain: you'll follow your heart. And you'll be happy.
I Love You.
Tell Mr. Theodore that you can have your cake and eat it too. The saying is, you can't eat your cake and have it too. A subtle difference, but it means you're entitled to do whatever you please. Take me to DC too!
Thank you ladies. I love you both!! I'm still a bit frustrated. I know it will work out... but right now it's just a bit hard. Thank you for the encouragement. You guys are great!
Post a Comment