Monday, April 09, 2007

My First Arrangement


Ever sing Ted left in February, I have taken over the ward choir. I have come to absolutely love this calling. My ward choir is amazing!!! When we perform, about 1/3 of the ward comes up from the congregation to sing. It's the best feeling. We also have really great singers in our ward, which makes it possible to sing beautiful, and more difficult music than most ward choirs can.

This last Sunday, my friend Emily, and I, arranged a version of "That Easter Morn" for our ward choir. We wrote parts for cello, violin, and viola. It was performed yesterday and the choir sounded really amazing. During the last verse, the spirit was so strong, I had goosebumps! Several of the choir members came up to me after and told me how much the song meant to them. Wow!!! What an amazing feeling to have something I helped write, touch people's hearts in such a way!

The best part of the whole thing though, was having my Mom there to watch and listen to the piece. I felt pretty special that she could see the "premier" of the arrangement. :)

Easter was just wonderful!