"Recently I was anxiously pleading with the Lord that he would bless my oldest son in a special way. As I was pleading, asking the Lord to please bless him, these words came so resoundingly into my mind: 'I am blessing him. Be patient with my plan.'" I was stunned. I was moved to tears. I realized I was handing my views and my understanding and my determination to Heaven in a commanding voice, saying, "Lord, here is your work as I have outlined it. Please notify my when you have bestowed my blessings, pursued my plans, and carried out my will." In sweet reply comes the mild rebuke, "If you don't mind, Patricia, I prefer to bestow my blessings and to do it in my way." When we content ourselves that God has not forgotten us, nor will He ever, and that He is blessing us (albeit, and thank heaven for it!) in His own way, then the views of a better world come before our eyes. If we can be patient with His process--which simply means having faith--if we can commune personally and often with Him, we can spare ourselves the emptiness and frenzy. . . .We can keep our minds fixed enough on etenity to remember that "God's ways are not our ways" and that the mysteries of godliness lie in Him--in His mind and His heart and His love. Those mysteries and that fulness will be ours only as we strive to make His mind and His heart and His love our own."
~Sister Holland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment