Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Token of Gratitude

This morning I had a very interesting breakfast. Caitie and I woke up early, cleaned the apartment and then she made the mush. I felt like I was at home again. Dad used to make these incredibly healthy breakfasts that didn't taste so great. We always ended up making fun of the food. Dad's feelings weren't hurt. He always laughed with us as he grated his apple peel into his cereal-instead of sugar. Caitie's wonderful surprise this morning consisted of rolled oats, wheat, cranberries, raisins, brown rice, almonds, flax seed, oats groats, barley, spices, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, corn, garbonzo beans, millet, bananas, and oat bran. I call it... BIRD FOOD! I felt like I needed to peck at my meal this morning. The food was so mushy, when I tried to whistle like a bird, I couldn't make a sound out of my mouth. As I watched Caitie take her first bite, I asked her if it tasted awful. She said, "Plain... gross plain." "Oh!" I said, "For YOU to say that... it really means it's disgusting." I then thought we should invite our friends over for the special 'tweet'. As we continued to eat our meal, Caitie made the comment, "I think the reason I am eating this is a token of gratitude for my body. There really is no other reason to eat it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why the cereal was advertised as a wonderful way to lose weight and stay healthy! If you can't stand to eat it, you'll lose weight! By the way, Dad's breakfasts have changed--with no one at home to feed anymore (besides me), we don't even eat breakfast. We miss all of you at home :( Love Mom

Anonymous said...

wow, and I thought eating meatloaf for breakfast was weird.