After the tire fiasco of the week, I went to Salt Lake on Friday to take my dear sister to the airport for her three-week trip home. My brother Josh went with me to the tire store to look at the damage. Not too bad... only a couple hundred. Luckily, my Dad was only too happy to help me with the expense. Josh beat me to the gas pump before I could put my card in. He paid for my gas. I drove the "green car" back to Provo with the promise I would be back on Sunday for family dinner to exchange Max (the truck) for the green car. Ted and I arrived around 2:15 Sunday afternoon. The day was spent making cookies, eating dinner, playing with children, jamming on the guitar and violin, and singing. It was great fun! Around 8:30, it was time to go back to Provo. Ted needed to go home teaching and my visiting teachers were coming as well. Only 1 problem: Max wouldn't start. The battery was completely dead. We pulled the green car up next to it and tried jumping it for about 1/2 hour. No luck! Finally, I asked if we could say a prayer. We prayed that whatever needed to happen would happen and if it was God's will, could I take Max back to Provo with me. My little nephew Adam watched the whole thing. About 1/2 later, Ted had a different idea of where to put the jumper cable. Immediately, the Max started. We said our goodbyes and prayed in gratitude for the answer to our prayer.
Later that night, my sister in-law called, "Emilie, thank you for that. If for nothing else, that experience helped me teach my son, Adam, about prayers and how God answers our prayers."
He truly does answer our prayers-no matter how small and insignificant they may be. I am grateful for that experience. I'm grateful Heavenly Father is there for me and for all His children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment