Thursday, June 15, 2006

My twin - the panda

I have been the recipient of two black eyes in about as many months. Both of them happened while playing basketball. The first was when I was going up for a rebound while playing with some pretty big guys. I jumped up as one of those 'pretty big guys' was coming down. His elbow hit me square in the eye. Ouch! yes... I cried. But, he didn't know that. He also didn't see the eye. I only got sympathy from my wonderful roommates. :) They're very good at giving sympathy. :)

The second black eye happened on Monday. I was playing water basketball with two boys and my roommate Debi. I had the ball. I saw my hometeachers' hand coming and moved the ball out of the way. Karate chop to the eye! Ouch!!!!! Even more Ouch!!! than the last one. I didn't cry for this one. And my hometeacher definitely noticed. He felt so bad! He has given me more hugs in the last two days than the last 9 months combined.

We went out for dinner at IHOP last night. My hometeacher came. When you leave the restaurant, there are stuffed animals on a shelf. My hometeacher grabbed a panda bear off the shelf and said he was really a polar bear that had been playing a little too rough in the water. "How true that is!"

No comments: