I have inherited many traits from both sides of my family. From my father, I got my brown eyes and thick brown hair. I got my Dad's nose... just on a smaller scale. I got my Dad's smile-dimple included. From my Mom, I got my legs and arms. I got my Mom's feet. I got my Mom's talent for singing. I got my Mom's talent for typing really quickly. I think I'm a pretty good mixture of both.
Something I didn't anticipate was something else that's in my jeans (there's a reason I'm spelling it that way!). I think I inherited this one from my sister.
A couple weeks ago, we went to FHE and played football. Caitie was trying to describe a jump kick to someone and ended up showing them exactly what it was. I'm not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, I saw Caitie crouched down yelling, "Sweatshirt! I need a sweatshirt!" There was laughter all around. There was one boy blushing completely on the sidelines. Caitie had ripped her pants all the way from the zipper down to just above her knee. We ran to give her a sweatshirt and she went home to change her clothes. Funny story huh? Wait... it gets funnier.
So last week, I went camping with a bunch of my friends. All of whom knew the incident with Caitie. I was wearing jeans that were pretty worn out. We were playing volleyball and the ball came to my side. I knew it was for me! I dove... as I hit the ground, there was a splitting sound. I quickly looked down to find my jeans matched my sister's from the week before. It wasn't quite as large a tear, but definitely too big to walk around. "Sweatshirt! I need a sweatshirt!" I yelled. My friends busted up.
So when I tell people what I've inherited from my family as far as physical traits go... It's not just genetics... it's in my jeans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment