Mom came into town a couple days ago and came to devotional (which I was singing in). She also took me to lunch, DI and then came to Women's Chorus! It was such a fun day! She mentioned that she was going to see STOMP with Nathaniel that night and when she told me that, I honestly was a little more than a little disappointed.
I have wanted to watch STOMP since I was 14 years old! I watched this awesome video of them and then when we went to New York, I really wanted to see them there. Alas, when we got there to see if they had another ticket, we found out it was sold out. Huge bummer!! When Mom and I picked up Nathaniel that night, I asked him if he really understood what a privilege it was to see STOMP because if he didn't... I should go. He did understand. I ended up going and putting myself on the waiting list to get a ticket if there were extras. If you don't know how amazing STOMP is... here is a sample:
Ok... so back to the story. I waited for about twenty minutes and during that time, my friend (whom I will call Fred) started texting me. Finally, about 5 minutes before the show started, they had a ticket for me! I was so stoked! I told my friend I was going to watch the show. And then I started looking for my debit card. It was nowhere to be found! Agh!! I hurriedly texted Mom (who was already in the show with Nathaniel). When she didn't reply immediately, I texted again, "I need help!". Right as Mom came outside this other woman came to the counter and handed them two tickets that she wanted to give out for free! I was the next in line so they gave me both tickets!! Well, it was just me there at the show and since I was already texting Fred, I called him and asked if he wanted to come. He did. We went in and watched one of the most incredible shows ever.
After the show, Mom and Nathaniel left and Fred and I talked for a while in my car because we hadn't seen each other for about a month or so. We just caught up on Christmas, and everything else going on in our lives in the last month. This friend and I tend to enjoy backscratches so as we were talking, we gave each other backscratches. Well, around 11:00 Mom pulled up in her car right next to us and here we are 2 hours after the show ended and we're scratching each others' backs in the parking lot of the show. Now... how would you feel about this? It looks really bad to your Mom. It also looks bad to Fred because here is your Mom checking up on you when you're 24 years old. :) Funny huh?
Well, it turns out Mom hadn't read the text that said, "I need help" until she was on the freeway on her way home. She called me and I didn't answer because my phone was still off from the concert. So she called me about ten times and I didn't answer. She texted me several times as well. Each text getting a little more frantic as the night went on. She went to my apartment, she called Nathaniel. Nathaniel called me. Of course I didn't hear his calls either. So he tried to find Fred's number to call him. Mom ended up retracing the road to the show from my apartment and then found my car.
When she finally found us, I called her and asked her what was up. She didn't really communicate her worry... she just asked if I wanted to go get some ice cream with her. Fred and I decided to go and we met her at Baskin Robins. It was there that she told us everything that had happened and how worried she had been.
We all had a good laugh. I felt terrible for all the worry I had caused. But I'm still laughing as I write down this story. Definitely a keeper. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm SO glad that you truly sent that text earlier in the evening. It all turned out rather fun...and funny!
Fred? Hmmmm.....
Post a Comment