Saturday, October 07, 2006

Nightmares on Sesame Street


"That's it! You're going to live on Sesame Street!"

My heart was filled with dread at that thought when Audrey suggested my fake street name in her novel. "I cannot live on Sesame Street! I've had way too many nightmares about Sesame Street!" The bedroom erupted into laughter as Audrey heard what I said. "What do you mean you've had nightmares about Sesame Street?" I told her the awful tales:

When I was a young girl I had a nightmare about the Cookie Monster. My whole family was on a giant cookie. We were running frantically from something and I wasn't sure what it was. All of a sudden, I heard the terrible laughter, "Me want cookie!!" The Cookie Monster was chasing my family! Before I knew what had happened, my whole family had fallen into one of the chocolate chips which then turned into a big black hole. After we fell to the bottom, I looked up from where we had fallen. The Cookie Monster's awful blue face was staring down into the hole. "Me want cookies!!!" continued, as well as the diabolical laughter. I woke up panicking. I never want to eat another cookie again! I resolved. Good thing we grow out of such silly resolves. :)

The second nightmare came I think, only a year or two ago. I was living on a nice quiet, street when all of a sudden it turned into Sesame Street. The problem was that the characters were not the nice characters we know from our childhood. They were evil! Can you imagine living on the same street as an evil Big Bird? Ugh!! It was awful. The scariest voice I think I've ever heard was Ted imitating Elmo... "Elmo knows where you live... he he he"

No, Audrey. I will never live on Sesame Street.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sure, it's ok to laugh at my fears as long as you let me laugh at yours. But if you ever dare to scare me with a spider, I'll bring Frank Oz by your window at night with his little puppet friends.

Audrey Michal said...

Julie, that was the funniest thing I have read in a while! Oh man!

Emilie said...

lol... Perfect Jules.