Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Fermata
Hold.
The fermata means to hold.
I stand here waiting,
holding, for the symphony to begin.
The beautiful chords right now
are only in a minor key.
What if the director never brings
me in to play my full part in the
symphony?
I hold, I hold on.
I do not want to sing a solo
My song is a duet.
Was this silence I feel written in
the music on purpose?
Or have I missed my cue?
Fermata.
No more childish tunes.
I stand in suspense,
arms outstretched,
waiting.
I do not like these callous chords
and poignant pauses.
The fantasy eludes me.
Where is the crescendo?
The weight of the song is heavy.
The song and my arms are empty.
~Emilie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
PS... fam.. I'm just fine. I wanted to put that in there, that's all! :) Love you!
Beautiful, Em. I love you! :)
Post a Comment